Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Narwhals! Narwhals!

Haaaaaaaaah. So, my dedication to blogging is a laughable concept. Couldn't even manage to drag my silly ass away from work or sleep long enough to pull together a decent post, so here I stand in the same situation as always - no productivity. To be quite honest, I got roughly 20 pages into the book I claimed I was going to read and had to set it back down. Honestly, how much turmoil and hardship can 3 people seriously go through? I found myself getting anxious during the most mundane parts because I knew that more shit was going to hit the fan. It's tough on my poor stomach when I'm staying up until 6am reading a book that gets my adrenalin rushing and find myself facing a 7 hour shift at work.

Regardless! Work is over FOREVER and I'm back at my beloved Ohio University. I've got 11 full weeks under my belt and I'm already exhausted. One good thing to come of this though is my IART (Interdiciplinary Arts) class. As the title suggest, this class studies art through different diciplines, the diciplines ranging from English to Philosophy to dance and music movements. My TA is, interestingly enough, a fan of German philosophy and pop music so that's where my studies seem to lay. I'm looking forward to a future of avant garde studies as well lessons in Afro Punk and the punk music movement. Isn't that glorious? Ah, enough. I stray. My point of this rant is that my IART class challenges me to view and critique art in less conventional settings, these critiques coming in the form of...

*drumroll please*

Blog posts! Now, the initial posts will be through Blackboard, but I still feel like it would be somewhat productive to write them with this in mind. I've got my first one written up at a whopping 673 words. Now I have incentive to post, but it'll be good for me to maintain something like this up. Expect a post about *shudders* Sex Ecology sometime later in the week. Ugh, my life is so shameful. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment